Welcome - Get to know each other
• Tell me about yourself.
• What are your favorites of everything? (food, song, vacation spot, etc.)
•Why are you interested in participating in communion?
• What to expect for the next 3 meetings.
• Review and explain each question to make sure there is understanding.
• Child should explain what each question means and if they agree.
• Child will sign the new communicant form along with the elder
Communion Review with Rev. Slate
•Review Membership Questions
•Trays and elements used in communion
•The words spoken during communion
•The meaning of the Lord’s Supper
• How the first communion service will go.
(review bulletin from a previous new communicant Sunday)
• Child will sign the new communicant form along with the Pastor
• Form is returned to Admin
• Admin office to arrange date for first communion with parents.
• Letter from Rev. Slate to be given to the child at the first communion.